By the time you read this, we will be on our way to another city. It will either be by bus (first choice) or mini vans (second choice) or public transportation (might as well walk the 250 miles.) No matter, by the time you awake Friday morning, we should be at our next destination. Thank you for your prayers.
Last night was our closing at this location. We spent the day in classes, with students, sharing in a farewell dinner and last minute English corner. Praise God for His faithfulness. We saw Him do some incredible things. We see students being drawn to the Father. We need another week!
Let me tell you about one experience. At our Farewell Dinner, the leaders were all sharing their appreciation for one another and celebrating with a toast. (Sprite) I was fortunate to go last. It gave me a chance to study the culture of this closing. When my time came, I decided to take a risk. I shared with the group that I am a Christian, as most know by now, and that I wanted to pray for them. I know it really took them by surprise! In my prayer I prayed for each leader by name and prayed for the day when we all praise the Father together. My friends here really took it as an expression of love. It was a pretty special time.
There are so many times when we as believers try to “fit” in. We study the culture and try to blend. That is not what the Word tells us to do. We are to be different! We are to be separated. We are to be the salt (add flavor) and light (provide direction.) - even when it is unpopular and/or unacceptable. If we just give another toast, we are no different than the world. We are call to be different!!
I pray that as we leave this campus that there will be such a void created that the 10,950 unbelievers will seek the Father. I pray that the 50 believers will mature to the point where they can disciple this revival. I pray that another team will come here in October to continue what we have begun.
What about you!